Aine revisited - Part I
I walked into my shed / studio the other day to find one of my waxes had fallen over. Thanks to the hot summer days (you know those 40+ ones) it slowly swayed, sunk and embedded itself into a saucepan full of wax (which took a hammer and determination to remove).
I decided to remake it as the version I made in 2014 had some small cracks. I'm hoping that 6 years of experience since then will give a better result. As you can see I've modified the design too.
see the first cast glass version here
From L to R top
Saucepan stuck in sculpture
Re poured wax
From L to R bottom
sprues /air release channels added
10+kg of plaster and silica powder later
The glass i'm using