So, I've been working on a side project over a couple of weeks. I did my test casts, took some quick and dirty photos with my phone, picked one and worked on it in photo shop for colouring and effects. I thought I had my process set.
The next week I planned my cast project around the specs and settled in to do it properly. Well what do you know, the last few days I have realised that my 'quick and dirty' test was waaay better than the planned version and I have spent hours trying to recreate my 'bad' phone photos with my Nikon 5100.
Such is life. I suspect my subconscious is laughing at me.
Time to ink up some mushrooms!